Having good customer service for your business is a huge factor to retaining customers. But even for the largest and most seasoned company, managing an in-house customer service team can be a challenge.
Would it surprise to know that a recent study by a large consulting firm showed that consumers rate automated telephone customer service higher than live agents? The same study also found that the majority of consumers were unhappy with the services they got.
Contracting an outside provider to handle customer support can ensure better service for your customers. Companies these days are outsourcing this process to ensure that a trained professional answers their customer’s inquiries and concerns 24 by 7. If your business is considering this, here are some tips:
* Make a shortlist of only established companies that have track records for quality and prompt service. The companies should have a technical support team so that there are no problems encountered whether the system you choose is voice-based or automated.
* If hiring a call center customer service that is based overseas, make sure that the staff are proficient in English. Nothing turns off customers faster than a customer service rep who cannot understand the question being asked.
* Consider the cost versus the benefits you are receiving. A 24/7 service will cost money so make sure you understand the contract fully well.
* Appoint a person from within your company to oversee the transition. This will assure your customers that you are not just handing them off to just some other company. It will also help keep the morale of your employees intact because they are given the responsibility of coordinating with the service provider.
* Assure your employees that they are not being replaced. Make it clear to them that hiring an outside provider can ensure that you have the time to focus on your company’s core competency.
This article is copyright © blogwidow.com. Please do not reprint without permission.